Monday, October 24, 2011

God blessed Texas with His own hand

August 17-23:
I had the great pleasure of leaving the state of North Carolina for a week back in August to see a wonderful family. Last year when I left Utah I knew that Sam and Charlie would be the 2 people that I would miss the most. Sitting here remembering that day it still makes me teary eyed. But then I think back to August 17 and seeing Sam get out of the car and hug me makes me smile. I got to see 2 of my best friends that day for the first time in a year.
It was a quick visit but we got to do some very fun things!! I helped Sam rearrange her room, set up bookcases, see the media room, help move wood off a trailer, go swimming, go out to lunch and dinner at the famous mexican places, spend quality family time with the McClellan family, had game night, midnight runs, gossip and "Remember when...", Garen's reception, helping set up Randi's classroom, museums and the water wall.
I know I probably missed some things in there. But the most important thing that I was able to do is spend time with both Sam and Charlie, together and apart.
I don't know about them but for me the time flew. I know that I will be back there in only a matter of time. The trip there may have gotten me to think about moving there. Not sure yet.
But in all seriousness... thank you Sam, Charlie, Randi, Chris, Bro. and Sis. McClellan for the love that I felt in your home and the love that you showed to me.
Here's my favorite picture from the trip.

1 comments:

Symantha said...

brought down angels from the promised land
gave em place where they could dance
if you wanna see heaven, brother, here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the messageeee
mmmmmmm God bless Texas!

hehe. YES time flew for me too! I love you and miss you and I can't wait until you're back!