Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You Raise Me Up

This past Saturday Jennifer and I were able to take my mom to her very first concert. Of course it had to be Josh Groban. We drove down to Florida all Thursday night and spent some time with the family on Friday then pretty much all day Saturday was spent getting ready for the concert, pre-concert Grobanite dinner and then the concert. Sunday we spent driving back to North Carolina with mom in tow.
Saturday was the first time that Josh had been back in Central Florida in like 6 years. Needless to say he got a very warm welcome. He was recovering from being sick but in his typical fashion, he sounded great the whole time. He got a little choked up while performing "You Raise Me Up" and "Smile". So much so that you could tell through his singing. He came back out for 2 encores even though the house lights had been turned on already.
We walked mom back to the car and then ran down to where we thought that, if he came out, he would sign autographs. He came and I got an autograph.
I know that Jennifer and I had a great time. We absolutely love seeing him live in concert. I think that my mom had fun too, even though she claimed that she didn't know half of the songs.
Here are some pictures from that night:



0 comments: