Saturday, June 30, 2012

First Date

While at Youth Week last week I was able to meet several awesome people. I have really enjoyed my time out at Kanuga Conferences and Youth Week was no different. I was able to stay at the conference center where Youth Week was being held so that I would be available any time that the coordinators needed me.
It was during the first night, after all medications had been given out, that I decided that I should go get my stuff out of my car before it got too late. I decided to be lazy about it and just cut downstairs and out the hall to my car. Once I exited the staircase I realized that I was on the boys only floor and was met with 5 counselors and such. I tired to play it cool and introduced myself as the nurse for Youth Week. They allowed me to go through on the account of that I had probably seen naked middle school boys before if I was a nurse. I went out and got my bags of stuff and decided that I could quickly make it back through the hall without much commotion. One of the guys then said to me, as I was walking down the hall, "Jannette I hope you won't be causing this much trouble all week." My response- if I was the biggest of their worries then they would have a pretty easy week.
The week progressed and that same guy, whose name I figured out to be Xen, would go and round up the kids from JYP and bring them my way for their breakfast and night time medications. He made my job so much easier. He would stay awhile and chat and then be on his way. It wasn't until Friday morning, the last day of Youth Week, that he finally came up to me and asked if I would like to go out to lunch with him some time. Of course I said yes and handed over my phone number.
Well today is when we got together for lunch. We met at TGI Fridays in Greensboro on my way back out to camp. I know that I can say for myself that I had a great time getting to know Xen a little bit more outside of Youth Week. We had great discussions on what we were doing, school, family, religion, Youth Week and so much more. After spending just about 2 hours at lunch we decided that we would like to do it again sometime. For the next date it might take a little bit more planning because of the fact that I'll be at camp for the next month but hopefully we'll be able to work something out.
For it being my first official date I would have to say it went well. I really enjoy spending time with him and he's so fun to be around. Here's to a possible 2nd date. 

0 comments: