Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Last shift

Last night was my last shift on 7 Children's. It hit me harder than I thought it would. I think I will seriously miss this place. It's been my home, my constant for the last 2+ years. The nurses that have help mold me to want I am both personally and as a nurse will never be forgotten. They each have taught me something, some more than others but they all have help shape me. Some of them have truly become friends. I will miss them.
I'll miss walking into a children's hospital. I'm sure I'll miss some of the surgeries that we got so frequently. Some, that other places probably have no clue how to take care of, but me I know their care like the back of my hand.
I'll miss working with my sister. She has taught me the most. She's been my strength when I've needed it, she's been my listening ear, she's been my vent buddy, she's been one of my biggest cheerleaders, she's been my confidant, she's been my charge nurse, my co-worker, my best friend. She's probably the hardest to leave in North Carolina. Hopefully she knows how much I appreciate everything she has done for me to help get me to where I am today. I'll miss her more than I'll probably ever tell her.

0 comments: