Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On the Move again

It may be to a place that is only 20 minutes down the road but I still don't like moving. Jennifer and I decided that we really don't like being in Durham so we started to look for places outside Durham but not too far in regards to driving to and from work. The search started with townhomes and we both decided that there is nothing in the area that is reasonable in price. We knew that we couldn't stay in this apartment because there is never any parking anywhere near our building, the rent was going up and we really didn't want to stay. So another apartment it was. This time the apartment is in a nicer area and we only signed a one year contract.

North Carolina has never felt like home though. It's hard to explain. There is nothing that ties me to this place. If I wanted to I could pack up and move somewhere entirely different tomorrow- I could. It's not like I have a husband that has a job here or kids that are in the public school system or great friends in the ward. Durham, North Carolina is just a place on the map. I know this probably won't change until I have a reason to put down some roots but I would like to call a place home. I mean, the apartments that I had out at BYU felt more like home than this place does.

Here's to making a new apartment- home. At least for a year. Maybe. We shall see what this year has in store for me.

0 comments: