Thursday, May 3, 2012

I love to see the temple

I'll go inside one day.


Tonight I went to the Raleigh temple with my ward to do baptisms. It's sad that I can say what I'm about to say, but it's almost been 2 years since I last went to the temple. I had forgotten how good it feels in there. There is a sense of peace that you can only find in the temple and seeing everyone in just white is amazing. Guys in suits is my weakness, however, guys in temple clothing- close second. But I digress.
I think I was hoping to get some sort of personal revelation to guide me in what my next step should be in life. But all I got was a feeling of peace. I can't help but feel like it was the first of many stepping stones that I need to take to get back on the path that I should have been on for a long time but I have always found reasons to not go. I was busy with nursing school, I had clinicals, I had clinicals again, I had tons of homework, I had an exam to study for, I didn't want to go alone to a new temple.
This past Sunday I felt that it was time to overcome all that and I decided to just go with it. I'm glad I did.
How can I expect things to go right in my life if I'm not doing all the things that I should be doing? I can't and I shouldn't expect that. Hopefully with doing more of the right things in my life more blessings will come- possibly a job.
If only I could bottle up the feelings that are felt in the temple to feel them anytime I wanted.
I am so grateful for temples around the world and for being within 15 minutes of one again.

0 comments: