Monday, December 19, 2011

Orange Blossom Special

So anyone that has ever lived with me knows about my love of Florida citrus. It's true. Sorry to Utah and Idaho (and North Carolina) grocery stores, you don't compare.

It may because I am a little bias because of growing up in Florida and having orange groves just miles down the road from me but Florida oranges are the best.

Mom surprised me when they came up for graduation with a 1/2 bushel of oranges from my hometown orange grove.

They are soooo good!!! I end up eating 2 or 3 of them daily. I'm going to turn into an orange. :)



Ps. I've always been sad that there's never a song about Florida. They are always about California, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Texas, Georgia, the "South" (which Florida isn't included even though we are the furthest south you can get in the US)and so on. Orange Blossom Special is a Johnny Cash song- it's about Florida. Happy girl now. :)

0 comments: