Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Star Light

Star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
Wish I may, Wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.


The picture doesn't do what I saw last night justice. The moon was just a sliver and the northern star was super bright. I get the sense that we are not alone in this life when I see things like this. To other people it's the flowers in the spring, to others it may natural creations in the earth's formation.
I really like watching the night sky. I love the moon. The brightness that it gives off is a nice contrast to the black night sky. At times when it's rising it's huge and as it makes its way into the night's sky it decreases in size. At times it's red, orange, white or grey. At times it looks as if it was made of swiss cheese. I also love watching stars. When I go on a road trips I always look for shooting stars, sometimes I'm successful and sometimes not- I just love them. I think that it's cool that people can look up and pick out various shapes and people that the stars, to them, make. I've never been good at connecting the stars.
I just wanted to share my love for moments like this. They don't happen often but when they do it's often the time that I need them to happen.

0 comments: