Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude Day 7: Stars

It may seem like a little thing but tonight I am thankful for the stars in the sky at night.

I've always loved looking up at night and seeing a black sky full of little stars dotting the vastness.

I love to look for shooting stars. Sometimes I feel like their presence is just for me. I love to find the north star that is usually the brightest, positioned at the north celestial pole.

I think I like the stars so much because it's a reminder to me that we're not alone in this universe. There is a larger force and reason as to why we're here. There is a God that is watching over us and knows us individually. He knows our needs, our wants, desires, heartaches and our defeats. We are numbered, just as the sands and the stars.

Genesis 15:5- "And he brought him forth abroad, and said,  Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be."

0 comments: