Monday, July 22, 2013

School Supplies

I was walking through Target today not there for anything in particular. I walked back to the seasonal area that they change out every few months. School supplies have taken the place of summer fun items. For teachers I'm sure it makes them think that they aren't ready for school to begin again. But for me, It got me thinking and remembering back to my school days. Not high school or even college, but back to elementary school. When I was given a full sized piece of paper with all the supplies that I would need on it. Crayons, #2 pencils, protactors, ruler with both inches and centimeteres, highlighters, and so forth.
How fun those times were for me. I loved school. I loved learning. The thought of a new year of school was fun to me.
I don't think that I'm far enough out to really miss the college years nor do I miss the drama of high school. But part of me every fall misses the elementary school aged me. I know it's not fall yet, we still have 2 more months of this heat, but it's coming. Everytime I think of fall and the start of school I think of this quote from one of my favorite movies- You've Got Mail, "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I know your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charm."




In other news- Happy Day- the Royal baby is here!!

0 comments: